Clearing error codes on a Bobcat machine typically involves using the machine’s control panel or display interface. However, it’s important to note that error codes are valuable diagnostic tools that indicate issues with the machine. Clearing error codes should be done cautiously, and you should only attempt it if you are certain that the issue causing the error code has been resolved. Here are general steps for clearing error codes on a Bobcat machine:
Important Note: Before attempting to clear error codes, ensure that any underlying issues causing the errors have been addressed and resolved. Clearing error codes without addressing the root cause may result in the issue persisting or returning.
Steps to Clear Bobcat Error Codes:
- Access the Control Panel:
- Depending on the specific Bobcat model, access the machine’s control panel or display interface. This typically involves climbing into the operator’s seat and accessing the control panel or display screen.
- Turn On the Ignition:
- Turn on the machine’s ignition key, but do not start the engine. This will power up the control panel or display.
- Navigate to Error Code Menu:
- Use the controls on the panel or display to navigate to the error code menu. This menu may be labeled “Fault Codes,” “Diagnosis,” or something similar.
- View Error Codes:
- In the error code menu, you should see a list of error codes that have been recorded by the machine’s diagnostic system. Take note of the error code(s) you want to clear.
- Clear Error Code(s):
- Select the specific error code(s) you want to clear. The procedure for clearing error codes may vary depending on the Bobcat model and control panel. Generally, there should be an option to “Clear” or “Reset” the selected error code(s). Follow the on-screen instructions to clear the code(s).
- Verify Clearing:
- After clearing the error code(s), check to ensure that they have been successfully cleared from the list of fault codes. The display should indicate that the error code(s) have been cleared.
- Restart the Machine:
- To confirm that the error codes have been cleared, you can turn off the machine’s ignition, wait for a few seconds, and then restart the machine. The absence of the cleared error codes should indicate that the issue has been resolved.
Remember that clearing error codes is not a substitute for diagnosing and addressing the underlying issues causing the errors. It’s essential to investigate and resolve the root cause of any error codes to prevent further problems with the machine. If you are uncertain about how to clear error codes on your specific Bobcat model, consult the machine’s operator’s manual or contact Bobcat customer support or a certified service technician for guidance.