Cleaning the windows between a truck cab and cap (often called a truck topper or camper shell) is essential for visibility and maintaining the appearance of your vehicle. Here’s how to clean these windows effectively:
- Mild liquid detergent or automotive glass cleaner
- Warm water
- Two clean microfiber or lint-free cloths
- A bucket
- Soft-bristle brush
- Rubber or plastic trim cleaner (if applicable)
- Optional: Glass polish or rain repellent
- Gather Your Materials:
- Assemble all the materials you’ll need for the cleaning process.
- Rinse the Windows:
- Start by rinsing the windows with clean water from a hose or a bucket. This helps remove loose dirt and debris.
- Prepare a Soapy Solution:
- In a bucket, mix warm water with a small amount of mild liquid detergent or automotive glass cleaner. Create a soapy solution that you’ll use for cleaning the windows.
- Wash the Windows:
- Soak a clean microfiber or lint-free cloth in the soapy solution, then gently scrub the windows between the truck cab and cap. Pay special attention to areas with visible dirt or stains. Use a soft-bristle brush for hard-to-reach areas or crevices.
- Rinse Thoroughly:
- Rinse the windows again with clean water to remove the soapy residue.
- Use a Squeegee:
- For a streak-free finish, use a squeegee to remove excess water from the windows. Start at the top and pull the squeegee down in a single, smooth motion. Wipe the squeegee blade with a clean cloth after each pass to prevent streaks.
- Dry the Windows:
- After squeegeeing, use a clean, dry microfiber or lint-free cloth to wipe down the windows and remove any remaining water spots or streaks.
- Clean the Window Trim (if applicable):
- If your truck cap has rubber or plastic trim around the windows, use a rubber or plastic trim cleaner to keep them looking clean and prevent fading or discoloration.
- Optional: Apply Glass Polish or Rain Repellent:
- If you want to enhance the clarity of your windows and improve water repellency, you can apply a glass polish or rain repellent according to the product’s instructions.
- Final Inspection:
- Inspect the windows for any remaining streaks or spots. If necessary, re-clean those areas.
- Regular Maintenance:
- To keep your windows looking clear and clean, perform regular maintenance and cleaning. Depending on your driving conditions, you may need to clean the windows every few weeks or as needed.
Cleaning the windows between your truck cab and cap not only improves visibility but also enhances the overall appearance of your vehicle. Regular maintenance will help keep these windows in excellent condition.