Clearing the Bluetooth memory on a Pioneer AVH-120BT car stereo is a simple process. This can be useful if you want to remove previously paired devices or troubleshoot Bluetooth connectivity issues. Here’s how to clear the Bluetooth memory:
Note: Clearing the Bluetooth memory will remove all paired devices from the system, so make sure you want to do this before proceeding.
Clear Bluetooth Memory on Pioneer AVH-120BT:
- Turn On the Unit:
- Start by turning on your Pioneer AVH-120BT car stereo. Make sure the unit is fully powered up.
- Access the System Menu:
- Press the “Home” button on the front panel of the stereo to access the main menu.
- Navigate to the System Menu:
- Use the touchscreen display to navigate through the menu options. Look for the “System” or “Settings” option and tap on it.
- Access Bluetooth Settings:
- Within the System or Settings menu, look for an option related to Bluetooth settings. It may be labeled “Bluetooth” or something similar. Tap on it to access the Bluetooth settings.
- Clear Bluetooth Memory:
- In the Bluetooth settings menu, you should see an option to “Clear Memory,” “Delete Paired Devices,” or something similar. Select this option.
- Confirm the Clearing Process:
- The system will likely ask you to confirm that you want to clear the Bluetooth memory. Confirm your choice to proceed.
- Wait for Confirmation:
- The system will clear the Bluetooth memory, and you should receive a confirmation message when the process is complete.
- Restart the Stereo (Optional):
- It’s a good practice to restart the Pioneer AVH-120BT stereo after clearing the Bluetooth memory. You can usually do this by turning the unit off and then turning it back on.
- Pair a New Device (Optional):
- If you cleared the Bluetooth memory to pair a new device, you can now go to the Bluetooth settings and follow the pairing instructions to connect your new device.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the Bluetooth memory on your Pioneer AVH-120BT should be cleared, and you can pair new devices as needed. If you encounter any difficulties during this process, refer to the owner’s manual of your car stereo for specific instructions or consult Pioneer customer support for assistance.